Sunday, August 30, 2009

NO REGRETS PART-4- FOOLS AND SAGES

The lyrics to the 1973 Areosmith hit Dream on ask the question ...where did it all go ? (my life)
I also like the acoustical sound as performed with passion by artist Kelly Sweet ..listen to video bar

"everytime I look in the mirror...(reflecting on past)
lines on my face getting clearer (body getting older and also a better view of self ..making sense of this life)
the past is gone ..(too late to change history)
it went by like dusk to dawn...(life is short ..the days are evil..time gets away)

everybody's got their dues in life to pay ...(consequencences of how we live our lives)

I know, its everybodys sin ,you got to lose to know how to win...(all have sinned and are made aware of their need for redemption by their failings ..that is if given the gift of sorrowful repentance by the holy Spirit
dream on ! NO REGRETS

All my life's on books written pages lived and learned from fools and from sages...(nothing new under the sun.... someone else has been there ,done that....Solomon /Ecclesiastes
"no temptation has seized you except what is common to man" 1 cor 10:13

We are influenced by what we read and by who we spend our time with

as put in my favorite psalm 1:1-3

1. Blessed is the man
who does not walk in the counsel of the
wicked
or stand in the way of sinners
or sit in the seat of mockers.

2. But his delight is in the law of the Lord,
and on his law he meditates day and night.

3. He is like a tree planted by streams of water,
which yields its fruit in season
and whose leaf does not wither.
Whatever he does prospers.

( How to be successful in Gods ' economy)

Good and evil cannot dwell together
in the same heart, so a good man ought
not to go into evil company.

Indian proverb
( Delaware tribe )


proverbs tells us as iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another 27;17

or he who walks with the wise grows wise but a companion of fools suuffers harm.

Or to put it as it has been said of young people "show me your freinds and I will show you your future"

We all have different roles as we go through life , from student to teacher... usually both at once.
or as author Elridge puts the stages in his book Way Of The Wild Heart
1.cowboy
2.lover
3.warrior
4. king
5.mentor
6. sage
I will explain in more detail later but you can figuire it out well enough to see how we all develop and influence as well as are being influenced at any given life stage

Thats why we should heed the warning in proverbs 4:23 .." above all else, guard your heart,
for it is the well spring of life"
So that we can reflect and dream on with
no regrets
as we sing for the laughter, sing for the day ( enjoy life..live now ..not someday... dreams ?move it up)
maybe tommorrow the good Lord take you away (life is a vapor ...be ready when God calls your name)

1 comment:

  1. I am reminded of some of Billy Graham's teachings when reading this article. I heard he talked about getting off an elevator if it were just him and a woman, or not entering one where only one woman was. I think often this day and age people are not guarding themselves. I watch closely as the people that call me friend on facebook send messages back and forth to each other and I am dismayed at the careless mix of Christianity and perversion on their pages. What am I about? Who is watching? Who am I influencing? If I align myself with those of like minds and devote myself to God's word, then even those things in me that are not right can be pushed out helping me become closer to the image of Christ. If a man has a cup of dirty water but places that cup in a stream of pure clean water for long enough, the water in his cup will eventually be full of clean water. As I fill with Christ and the knowledge of him my out of my mouth and through my hands shall flow the abundance of my hearts. So I fill and fill and fill until my cup is clean and running over.

    ReplyDelete