Sunday, August 30, 2009

NO REGRETS PART 2 -JOHNNY CASH AND THE DASH

You can learn a lot from peoples tombstones.
Besides the dates of birth and death an epataph can be telling about what defined the deceased.

The bible verse psalm 19.14 is on the tombstone of the late Johnny Cash...."May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be pleasing in your sight,
O Lord my Rock and my Redeemer."

The obvious implies a person of faith but more revealing is the motive of this faith...to please God and to do his will. The life of Johnny Cash was not without pain and moral tribulation but his understanding and sharing of his personal struggles offers a hope for the hopless and downtrodden and often forgoten and despised. Who does this sound like?
Because we all try and fail we must forgive ourselves and forgive others and accept the Grace from the ULTIMATE JUDGE .

The concept of justice can evoke an image of scales and a blindfolded judge. We see this throughout the bible as Gods weighing machine verses mans voting machine (approval) an Idea introduced in the previous blog post. We see this in the book of Job often and in chapter 31 verse6 Job swears his innocence in the oath "let God weigh me in honest scales
and he will know that I am blameless ."

Could you and I say that ?
What about Johnny Cash ?
Of course the answer is a loud no!


So we confess and renounce sin ...not always so easy!
Let's look at Job 31:33
"If I have concealed my sin as men do,(or as Adam did)
by hiding my guilt in my heart
34. because I so feared the crowd
and so dreaded the contempt of the clans
that I kept silent and would not go outside.....(approval of man the voting machine)
"
Since Adam the shame of sin has lead to concealment efforts as also seen in the life of David ,"A MAN AFTER GODS OWN HEART " A national hero and popular king whose psalm (51)of confession showed his devotion to God and has served as a guide for others' confessions.
Talk about no regrets !!!!

Oh that we (I) were that strong.
Hang the the Image management and make me more transperant (dangerous prayer)

No comments:

Post a Comment