Tuesday, January 27, 2009

THE ICEMAN COMETH

It took an ice storm to slow the pace enough to finally create this space.

I have used a blog before to communicate about a short sabbatical summer 2008 in which I chronicled a 6000 mile trip in six weeks with my family . (So much for slowing down)
This trip "out west" retraced the Oregon trail and the Lewis and Clark expedition as well as other points of interest and can be viewed @ ahundredhighways.blogspot.com (Titled after the last Johnny Cash album) details there.

The title for this blog {LIVING STONES } comes from the name of the sunday school class I teach @ First Christian Church Owasso Oklahoma. Visit us at our current location in the Bailey Hospital educational wing west in a temporay room graciously provided by the Bailey Foundation.
The main purpose of this blog is to create a dialouge and forum for further content processing and life application from the Sunday lesson since the time is limited then and I have not acheived the interaction desired to guage the of the impact of the lesson.
Additionally I will be sharing thoughts on my other studies of the Bible , commentaries, Book reviews and exerpts, current events, contempary challenges (although" there is nothing new under the sun" Solomon) and observations of social changes and worldviews , past current and looking ahead. Although as Peter Drucker once asked on how he viewed emerging trends he answered " I can't see the future, I just look outside my window right now"A very remarkable man with the ability to distill complex subjects into simple statements.
Occasionally I will include other secular insights as they may relate or Just may be helpful or interesting.
Most importantly I want to encourage YOU THE READERS to post your thoughts, readings , discoveries and challenges as you" GROW IN THE GRACE AND KNOWLEDGE OF YOUR CREATOR". Because "I have no greater joy than to know that my children are walking in the truth" 3 John .4
Also please feel free to post imformation of interest to the class here as an COMMUNICATIONS CONDUIT SHARE WHAT IS HAPPENING IN YOUR LIFE (as appropriate ) with others here.

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea. Thank you for setting this up. I am sure it will be interesting reading. Emily and I are enjoying our snow/ice days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh the beauty of white everywhere. God does a incredible job painting our landsacape. But travling in it can be a pain. I traveled safely all week but my time in transit was definitely elongated. I am also appreciative of you setting this up because I also feel there is not enough feed back given to you on comprehension of the lesson each week. Thanks for being dedicated and teaching every week.

    ReplyDelete